Friday 1 January 2016

New Year's Stay at Richmonde Hotel Iloilo

I went home to Iloilo for the New Year holidays. It was a fairly quick trip because I was avoiding traffic, both on the runways and on the roads. The construction of the skyway in front of Terminal 3 has tripled the travel time going to the airport. 

I tell you, driving in the airport area has been hell since the onset of the festive season.

And so, we took the earliest flight possible. 

We arrived at RICHMONDE HOTEL, located in the new Megaworld Complex in Iloilo. Upon arrival, I saw a familiar face attending the concierge counter, Ramon Sia. He is a childhood friend. My mom started asking him how  his parents are. The moment I heard people speaking in Ilonggo, I  immediately felt that I was home. 

The ladies at the reception counter were gracious enough to grant us early check-in.  I was very groggy and I badly needed sleep.

This is actually my second time to stay in Richmonde Hotel Iloilo. And just like the first, I was very happy with with my overall experience with the hotel.

They have an ongoing promo: 4,000 php nett for a Deluxe Room. Inclusive of buffet breakfast for 2 pax. The promo will run until January 15, 2016.

The price is an amazing deal considering how gorgeous the rooms are! We got a king size bed in a very spacious room.


The bed was so comfortable and their beddings felt like clouds. I slept from 9am-12 noon. Then my husband woke me up because we had lunch plans with mama.



That night, we decided to stay in and order room service.


They made a mistake with my order but the staff of Richmonde seemed to be very well trained in customer service. 

A lady from the front desk, went up to our room to give us a complimentary cake for our inconvenience.


Now that is how you handle a customer issue!

The next day, I had breakfast at The Granary.



 The spread had all the things I normally look for:

Brown Bread, Cheeses, Honey, Dried Fruits...

The healthy section! Fruits, Salad, Yogurt and Muesli. 


Here's what my plate looked like. So healthy di ba! I have to watch what I eat nowadays!


And ofcourse, the breakfast staples!

With piles of crispy bacon!


The best part is... the buffet only costs 550 php!

Tip: GOOD IDEA FOR A SPECIAL BRUNCH DATE

We stayed in Richmonde Hotel for 2 nights and I felt so rested! It was money well spent! I look forward to coming back!


Happy New Year,

L

Contact Details:
Richmonde Hotel Iloilo
Megaworld Blvd cor Enterprise Rd, Iloilo Business Park, Mandurriao, Iloilo City, PH
(+6333) 328-7888


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Happy New Year Jacq!!
      How was your NY celebration in Taipei?

      Delete
    2. NY Eve was cold and rainy but we were able to watch Taipei 101 fireworks display from our office window. Invited church friends and had a small media noche sa office lang din hehe, ofw life nga naman :) Hope you're more well-rested after the long break :)

      Delete