Saturday, 6 December 2014

CROQUE: French Cafe and Bakery in Makati

If you love food and wine as much as I do, France is one of your heavens on earth. French cooking has simple ingredients but has very high technique. I love France so much that I actually had my pre-wedding photos with S in Paris.



When we do get the chance to go to Paris, we go to our  "regular" restaurants and caf├ęs and we eat our  comfort food. Among our comfort food is CROQUE MONSIEUR. To me, this is the French version of a toast but it's smothered with  cheeses and meats. 

The first time we went to Paris together, S wanted to eat Croque Monsieur. He loudly ordered CRO-KEE  MON- SURE.  It sounded like he wanted COOKIE MONSTER.

A few months ago, S told me that a new Cafe opened a few blocks from where I used to live. He said "There's a nice cafe called CROQUE". This time he pronounced it correctly.

After a few months of putting off my visit, I finally went. And oh it was was a trip that was indeed overdue.

I'll attempt to evaluate it, Marketing Manager Style.


PACKAGING:
The vibe is more of a quaint French country restaurant. It's very homey and relaxed. The lay-out of the tables tell me that it's not a pretentious place.  So don't come here with your Mahalia Fuentes outfit. May mga expats in their usual brunch attire: Tshirts and shorts.







PRICE:
It is affordable by our standards. This is by food service segmentation,  a mass-premium resto which means you get to visit atleast 1x a week if you make atleast 25k/month.

One of the things I always look at is the price of coffee.  A big mug of Americano is only 85php.

PRODUCT:
The food is very good. The Croque Madame (270 php) that I ordered tasted great. It is topped with bechamel, gruyere, ham and egg. It's very creamy and very sinful considering that I skipped yoga this morning.



The Cream Bun (30 php) is so buttery and fluffy. It is a steal at 30php, I tell you.


PROPOSITION:
A nice brunch place with comfort french food! Oh they have pinoy food and bread too. While, this weakens their proposition, it only means that they love their Pinoy patrons. 


PLACE: 
This is located along Pasay road. It's very accessible if your are commuting but if you have a car, parking can be a bitch. You have to go to Benavidez to get free parking but it's limited.  The best way is to park in Greenbelt.



PROMOTION:
The only thing in promotion is the steak with free 2 glasses of wine. MY KIND OF PROMOTION!!!


I think CROQUE now goes into my list of comfort brunch places in Makati. Brunch really makes me oh so very happy. 



Hugs and Happy Saturday,

L

CROQUE: Ground Floor, Dominion Building, Pasay Road, San Lorenzo, Makati City

1 comment:

  1. great find =) but the location is a bit unencounterable for me hehe

    ReplyDelete