Thursday 16 October 2014

WELCOME BACK DINNER: Kofte

I spent nearly 2 weeks in Iloilo. It was my first time to be away from my husband. So you can imagine how happy I am to be back.

The first meal I cooked for my boys, Louie and my S was KOFTE served with Butter Rice. 


Here's my very simple recipe

1/2 Kg of Ground Lamb or Beef
5 tbsp of minced garlic
5 tbsp of minced onion 
2 tbsp of parsley
1 cup of breadcrumbs
1 egg
1 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of all spice
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1 tbsp of olive oil

Steps

1. Mix Ground Meat and bread crumbs
2. Mix in the egg
3. Add all the spices, salt. Make sure it is properly mixed in
4. All the garlic and onion
5. Shape into whatever you feel like it
6. Heat the olive oil in the pan
7. FRY


Sauce:

YOUGURT and Dill (Tip: try mixing YOUGURT with Kefir)










No comments:

Post a Comment