Wednesday 1 October 2014

SHARE YOUR STORIES

I woke up to see that my blog entry recorded over 6,000 hits overnight. I also managed to read some of your comments. 

I didn't expect that my entry would generate so much interest. It wasn't a formal or researched article. I only wrote it while I was cooking TWICE COOKED PORK.

Oh that dish took soooo long to make! soooo many steps. 

First I had to boil the strip of pork belly for 45 mins. Then, I had to freeze it. Lastly, I had to deal with all the oil splatter when I put the bean paste on the pan. Fireworks Talaga! I had to use an elbow length oven mitt because the splatters were hot.


I got this beautiful builtNY red mitt from RUSTANS.  I like that it's red and neoprene. It's easy to clean. I just throw it into the washing machine.

Here's a picture of my modified twice cooked pork. It's important to use LEE KUM KEE soy sauce when you season the dish. Don't use toyo. Baka mag-lasang adobo.



Anyway, thanks for taking the time to write your comments. What will be even better though, is if you share your stories: HAPPY ENDING or TRAGEDY. Doesn't matter. 

SHARE! Send to meonpause@gmail.com

 I will post the best ones.

Matagal pa akong magluluto ng twice cooked pork ulit. So until then, your stories will be up on this house wife's blog.



Still On Pause, 

L

7 comments:

  1. I just happen to land on your blog and I have to say that I really enjoyed reading through all your entries! I went as far as Feb! Needless to say, I'm a new fan and I'm here to stay! Keep on writing!

    Fran
    www.frannywanny.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fran :) your blog comforts me when I miss Singapore.

      Delete
    2. Come visit again!! :) Honeymoon in SG! haha

      Delete
    3. I lived 4 years in sg. A place too close to my heart. I miss it dearly

      Delete
    4. you're based in Manila now? :) yeah SG is amazing!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! Your Fil-Chi relationship post became viral and saw it being shared by fil-chi friends especially the xavier community hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh-oh. Not the plan. Just a normal blog post to share my usual day.

      Delete