Saturday 18 October 2014

Fatootsie Fridays: Crackling Pork Belly paired with White Wine

Most brides get fat after getting married because they have settled in and became  lazy with their husbands. 

In my case, I will get fat because my brother decided to use us as his guinea pig.

Because my brother interned at the RITZ CARLTON and won culinary competitions, he cooks the most amazing dinners. SINFUL too because he never compromises on taste.

Last night we had Honey And Spiced Crispy Pork Belly served with Potato Wedges. S wanted rice. 




We had a bottle of Trebbiano d' Abruzzo to break the cloyingness of the dish. 


Abruzzo is not a wine. It's  a region in Italy that  also makes really good red wine, Montepulciano d' Abruzzo.

 Trebbiano is the grape varietal. Now you know!

I got this bottle of Trebbiano d' Abruzzo. ( Trebbiano grown in Abruzzo region)  by Talamonti from WINE DEPOT.  

It's perfect for light drinkers. It's crisp and fresh. This white wine has very fruity and zesty notes. I was getting lemon and apricot. Lovely lovely aroma. Perfect level of acidity.  I think this will go very well with calamari too.  The price is very reasonable.

For dessert, Louie made Creme Brûlée from scratch 



He served it with vanilla ice cream topped with mint leaves from our small urban garden.


Friday is practice day for Louie. So, we open our home to friends and other foodies. Drop me a message if you want to join us.

I love my life.  Good food. Good wine. Good company.


L

For your  Wines: 

Wine Depot, Nicanor Garcia St. Branch
217 Nicanor Garcia St., Bel-Air Village, Makati

(+63 2) 897-3220



For Your Culinary Inspiration:

Follow Chef Louie in Instagram: THEPHOTOGFOODIE




No comments:

Post a Comment