Wednesday 23 March 2016

WAR ROOM: Pray For Your Husband and Your Marriage

When I got married, I had this vision of turning my husband from good to great! I was confident (and cocky) that with my learnings from my past relationship plus my management skills, I was best equipped to transform my husband into a better version of himself!

Don't get me wrong! My husband is already an amazing person but I'm a firm believer that there is always room for growth. I suspect that because I slowed down on my career, I transferred all my focus on my husband.

So, I gave him leadership books to read. I taught him how to do prioritization. I made sure his business agenda are on track. I was busy being his mentor.

How was it?

We did experience double digit business growth but at some point, we really wanted to kill each other.

It was at this point that I decided to attend our first DGROUP meeting. After our first fellowship, the Dgroup leader gave us an assignment. We have to watch the movie, "THE WAR ROOM"

I thought it was an action movie. Mali ako!


Synopsis:
The story is focused on a couple who seem to have it all.

Tony and Elizabeth Jordan have great jobs, a beautiful daughter and a gorgeous home.  But while everything seems fine on the surface, their marriage is actually failing.






They don't talk. They fight a lot. They no longer know what's happening to their daughter! The strange thing is...they don't even notice that their lives are actually falling apart!

Then, one day Elizabeth met a charismatic old woman named Miss Clara. Miss Clara is quite an "usisera" and started asking questions about the condition of their marriage and their relationship with God. At first Elizabeth was weirded out but eventually she started opening up. 


After a couple of coffee dates, Miss Clara taught Elizabeth how to pray in her own private space. This space is called "The War Room".



As Elizabeth started to pray for her husband and her family, God slowly unfolded his plan. This is the exciting part! This is the part you have to watch!

Impression & Realization

When I was growing up, everytime I had problems or fears, my parents always told me pray. I felt they just didn't know what to say.  I found it to be an annoying advice.

But the movie made me realize that my parents knew the answer to my fears all along.

I was quite uncomfortable and very vulnerable as I watched with my husband. I wanted to cry! Pero nahiya ako.

I was very moved because I remembered what my parents told me. I also recalled all the instances that I took matters into my own hands and failed miserably.

But I stopped myself from crying talaga!

I realize that it is not my job to change my husband. It is God's job.  My job is love him, to respect him and to pray for him.

However, I have always been an impatient person. That is why God keeps on giving problems that are out of my control to fix. Case in point, my infertility issue.

I feel praying is the easy part. It's trusting and waiting on God to answer that is the hardest thing to do.

This movie reminded me of that. 

After the movie, we were both very quiet.  But I saw my husband prayed before he went to bed.



Verdict:

If you are a married woman, you have to watch this movie.
If you are a mom, you have to watch this movie.
If you are single, you have to watch this movie.

You have to watch this movie. Period.

Life is hard and it will only get worst. Life is a constant battle.  Praying is like preparing for a battle. It is conversing with your greatest and most powerful ally, God.

The movie teaches very tangible ways on how to pray. It is not like the vague suggestion of my parents.

I recommend that you get a copy, watch it alone and then start your prayer journey. When you are ready (and trust me you will know), let your husband watch.

In fact, I think you should watch this during the Holy Week, instead of going to the beach.

Where to buy:

WAR ROOM is available at House of Praise and Worship Generations Stores. You will surely find a store near you! The word of God is truly accessible if your heart looks for it.

HOUSE OF PRAISE GALLERIA
Robinson's Galleria, EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue

HOUSE OF PRAISE - NORTH EDSA 
SM North EDSA, North Avenue corner EDSA

HOUSE OF PRAISE ST. FRANCIS SQUARE 
St. Francis Square, Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong

HOUSE OF PRAISE MEGAMALL (Kiosk)
SM Megamall, EDSA

Worship Generation (Eastwood)
Eastwood Citywalk 2, Libis

Worship Generation (Market! Market!)
Market Market, Bonifacio Global City

Worship Generation (Fairview Terraces)
Fairview Terraces, Quezon City

Worship Generation (Glorietta)
Glorietta 3, Ayala Center Makati City

Worship Generation (Alabang Town Center)
Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa City

Worship Generation (GATEWAY MALL)
Gateway Mall, Araneta Center Cubao, Quezon City


 If you are outside Manila, you can order online by sending them an email at houseofpraisedirect@gmail.com


Have a peaceful Holy Week,

L



No comments:

Post a Comment