Thursday 13 November 2014

COFFEE AND CAMERAS

Twitter is my least favorite social media platform. It's just so hard to keep up with all the feeds. But, I'm there because it's the quickest way to get the news (RAPPLER, CNN) and  design inspirations (Design-Milk). 

Now now...I don't really follow celebs or socialites. I don't really care about what they're up to.  And medyo KSP and haller sila minsan. 

However, I do follow several "regular" people in Twitter, like @mdjsuperstar and @juanxi. Sobrang benta ang sense of humor nila sakin.



@Juanxi owns Commune. It's a cosy coffee shop in Makati that reminds me so much Singapore's PS cafe. It has a very friendly and relaxed vibe. Cafés like commune are the hidden gems of Makati.




My brother, Louie and I went there because Henry's Camera had pop-up store.




Henry's is one of the most reliable camera stores in the country. Louie got his Nikon D7100 there. I asked him why he didn't buy it in HK. He told me that there's no need for that because the prices in Henry's are cheaper vs abroad. 

Louie wanted to show me the new Fuji Cameras. He has been very impressed with the recent developments from Fuji.



 He loved the fact that they've gone all retro, which is only fitting given their heritage in film.
The X100 is one of the hottest cameras in the market now. 


I think Louie wanted me to get him the X100 so that he can borrow it. WAIS! Mana sa ate!

While he was there to check out the latest from Fuji, I was there for the delicious & artsy coffee that Commune is famous for. This is what I got...


Ang cute ko di ba!  Char!


Nice to finally catch up with my elusive brother. He rarely says yes to my invites but coffee & cameras-- too good to resist.

I loved that we did the "market segmentation" talk. Favorite topic of judgemental people, like me. Hahaha.  He told me what he thinks of people based on the cameras they use.  But I won't get into that! Too controversial!!!  Basta it irks him daw to see people, who wear their big-ass SLRs over their necks while malling.

Oh sya, I have to go na! My husband is calling me! Hugasan ko na raw ang mga plato.



Bonggang Atchay,

L

Henry's Camera

Quiapo Branch
310 P. Gomez Street Quiapo, Manila
Tel No: +63 2 735 7989 | +63 2 733 7723
Mobile: +63 9 22 820 7864 | +63 9 17 327 6822
Fax: +63 2 734 4018

Glorietta Branch
3rd Floor New Glorietta, Makati City
Tel: +63 2 808 8040
Mobile: +63 9 05 296 7303 | +63 9 32 482 9650

Trinoma Branch
Space # 3017 3rd floor, Trinoma Mall North Avenue cor.
Edsa, Bagong Pag-asa 1, Quezon City
Tel: +63 2 919 0789
Mobile: +63 9 32 183 858

Hidalgo Quiapo Branch (NEW)
710 R. Hidalgo St. Quiapo Manila 
Tel: 400-0731


Commune
Liberty Plaza,
102 H.V. Dela Costa Street,
Salcedo Village, Makati City
Tel: +63 2 889 2660





No comments:

Post a Comment