Tuesday 6 May 2014

Intermission: THE OTHER WOMAN

Why do "some men cheat?
Why do “some” men lie?
Bakit pa nambabae si Adrian, eh ang ganda naman ni Monica?

Hmmmm…. I have a very unpopular theory: 

Maybe some men are just insecure with their dicks. Maybe the more secure a guy is with his manhood, the more likely he will keep it in his pants.

That is my theory. Please don't kill me for saying it.

Freud had different theories on cheating based on the ID, EGO and the SUPER EGO. But I won’t get into that now. Although I'm sure that will make an interesting post as well.

Today, I was lucky enough to be invited by my friend, Cher (author of chercabulasmindbox.com)  to watch the premier of “THE OTHER WOMAN”.







 Iba po to sa NO OTHER WOMAN ha! THE vs NO





The movie stars Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton.  While Cameron Diaz is the flagship star of this movie, hands down, the movie belonged to LESLIE MANN. 




Her type of crazy and ditsy acting + humorous script + great chemistry+ perfect timing, made the 120 min movie seem like a 20 min TV show.  There was seriously never a dull moment all throughout the movie. The audience were laughing their heads off and clapping their hands.

Aside from their funny revenge tactics, my eyes were glued to Leslie's outfit  It reminded me Laura Ashley and Kate Spade designs. (Note to Self: Plan a shopping trip.)




I also just have to mention that I love the production design. The lamps in Cameron Diaz’s home were gorgeous. (Sorry, S’ obsession on lamps has infected my brains. Gaaad! He has been talking about it nonstop since saturday.)

When I googled for some pictures to use in this post, I saw that this movie actually has some  bad reviews. Please don't let those bad reviews stop you from seeing this movie.

Admittedly, this is not the “wittiest” comedy of the year. Many critics accused its humor of being too contrived, lame or feeble. I  respect their opinion but I disagree.

This is a movie you will want to watch with your girlfriends, ideally after a breakup. And trust me when I say, best not to watch it with your boyfriend if he has cheated on you or if you are suspecting him to be cheating on you.

And for the smarty pants who want to watch more serious movies, skip this movie and watch this one instead.





“The Other Woman” opens May 7, 2014.

2 comments:

  1. I so agree. I'm drafting my review. Hehe nauna ka pa but Leslie Mann stole the spotlight.

    Oh and please change the link back to my blog to (http://www.chercabulasmindbox.com). Thanks L!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done! I changed it na. Well I figured I better jot down what I think right away because i may not have the same level of "after movie" high the next day.
      You know I've seen alot of her movies but this is the first time, she really caught my attention. I didn't know her name until last night!

      Delete