Friday 4 April 2014

Day 49: How I Met Reality

It is with great anticipation that we waited the finale of How I Met Your Mother. We planned to make a special night out of it,expecting the usually laughs and feel good effect.

We were disappointed.  Not with the fact that he ended up with Robin but with the fact that the ending is so close to reality.

I teared up and held S' hands when Ted said...

"It was at times a long and difficult road, but I'm glad it was long and difficult because if I hadn't gone through hell to get there, the lesson might not have been as clear. You see, kids, right from the moment I met your mom, I knew I had to love this woman as much as I can for as long as I can and I can never stop loving her, not even for a second. I carried that lesson through every fight we had ... and I carried it with me when she got sick. Even then, in what can only be called the worst of times, all I could do was thank God, every God there is or every was or will be, and the whole universe and everyone else I could possibly thank, that I saw that beautiful girl on that train platform, and that I had the guts to stand up and walk up and tap her on the shoulder and open my mouth and speak." 




That's how I feel about being with S. Trust me when I say that I went thought hell to get here and I appreciate every lesson I learned from all difficult moments I experienced.

The ending of HIMYM though is so painful and real.  

After finding your great love and after battling all obstacles to be with that person , you can lose him to death.

Yesterday, we met out photographer. He is a very happy man. In our conversation, he mentioned casually that he wife passed away a couple of years back.  I looked at S and tried not to cry lest I ruin the happy mood. But here is a man who captures other people special day with the one they love and yet he lost his.

Truly, I am saddened.

Then that same night, S showed me an album of the second TING HUN of his friend. In one of the pictures, there was a kid. I asked if they had a kid before they got engaged. He replied that his friend remarried 4 years after his college sweetheart died suddenly of anneurism. 


I was curious about the wife so I asked him to showed me her picture. He browsed the Facebook albums of the husband and found nothing. The memories of the late wife were erased.

I guess I took the finale of HIMYM to heart that when he couldn't find any trace of her,  i just teared up and hugged him. I said, "if and when I die, God forbid, please don't erase our memories".

So, I don't hate the ending. I am just so affected because it's too close to home.

Unfortunately, reality is sad and I watch TV to escape it.

Life is already sad as it is. We all need a short reprieve once in a while.


Still on Pause,

L



No comments:

Post a Comment