Wednesday 4 November 2015

Suspect: DENGUE

At around 3:45 pm yesterday, my husband told he " I think I have dengue". Since I saw red rashes all over his body the night before, I took it seriously and took him to the ER. 

Thank goodness, we only had to cross the street to go to one of the best hospital in the country.

Upon arrival, he was asked if he had a fever and rashes. POSITIVE. We were both made to wear masks and he was sent to the isolation room.

In the isolation room he was put on IV because he was very dehydrated. He refused to drink water and eat the soup I was giving him the previous night.


We had to wait for 3 hours for the results of his dengue test, platelet count etc. Thank goodness he was cleared.


It is important to note that when you have dengue or flu...it is really a battle of your immune system versus the virus. The more stress you are--the more you are prone to getting sick. 

When you are attacked by viruses, you feel too weak to do anything--even eat. 


Simple rule: When you are dehydrated, you are weak. When you don't eat, you are weak. When you are weak, your immune system can't fight the virus.

That's why when infants/kids have dengue, it is very dangerous. It's because they can't force themselves to eat and drink. That, and their immune system is still pretty weak. To be safe, if an infant has a fever of 39 to 40, better bring him/her to the hospital. A fever is just the body's way of announcing there is bacteria or virus. The fever itself is not the problem.

So, now we are in New Manila again. Our inlaws picked us up. I was made to go with them so that my husband can rest without worrying about me being home alone. I had to bring all my gulay and leftovers so that they won't go bad. I looked like a member of the "akyat bahay gang" went I left my home yesterday.

I'm feeling lethargic. I wasn't able to sleep very well last night. Probably, NAMAMAHAY.


In sickness and in health,

L


Ps> he was taking pics and sending it to me! while he was in the isolation room. And complaining na masakit ang IV



No comments:

Post a Comment