Thursday 23 July 2015

Love Me Like You Do

Ellie Goulding's "Love Me Like You Do" is the soundtrack of the movie, 50 Shades of Gray.  I'm pretty sure you know the song and you have seen the movie.

Clearly, there are some people who like the way Christian expressed his love and desire towards Ana. I respect that preference.

For me, I do not appreciate being whacked and whipped and later showered with expensive gifts. I have promised myself that if my husband ever lays a hand on me, I will return the favor.  Whip me and I will punch your ears until you hear ringing sounds in your head. 

Thankfully, we are not into BDSM. We are more into Role Play, sadly with dismal plots. 

After a year of marriage, my husband still hasn't fully figured out how I wish to be loved. On our wedding anniversary, he gave me a diamond necklace.






I am indeed very grateful for the generosity. However, I am a housewife with no social life. Where will I wear this to?


What I need are  house clothes and new panties. I wonder why he didn't notice? The clothes I got from Divisoria are starting to have tears.

And so after lunch, we went to buy my essentials. I got 2 pambahay, 2 pantulog and 5 panties. I got all these on sale. He only spent 1,200 pesos and I will get to use these everyday! 



I'm sure you think I am such a ingrate. But this is just a more visual way of illustrating the disconnect in Love Languages. 

Husbands usually express their love by providing things of value or by serving. Most wives usually desire loving words, physical touch and thoughtful gifts.

The husband does practical things. The wife expects something else. The former feels unappreciated. The latter feels unloved. Conflict.

I am very thankful for my husband's generous gift even if it will spend most of it's time inside a bank safe than on my neck. 

I am a simple woman with no need for something precious. 

My husband is slowly learning...today when I woke up, I found this on my bedside table.



Then he got upset that I didn't do cartwheels for this gesture, so I am writing this post.



Feeling ancient,

L



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, just been catching up on your recent posts and saw this. I actually quite like that song, as it is me and my gfs song kinda.. I love this post cos I never thought of this from this way before, learned something new tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My love language is actually service and I don't care much for words of affirmation. It's really different for everyone so what's important is to communicate and understand each other well so both tanks can be filled up at any given time. :)

    ReplyDelete