Thursday 4 August 2016

Baptism of G

I was actually planning to have the baby baptized in Iloilo but our yaya told me that the baby can't travel across waters if she has not been blessed.

So, we organized a baptism with only 25 guests. We just invited our immediate family and a few friends to share the day with us.

It was a simple yet very special day.

I couldn't help but cry when I shared why the second name of our daughter is Samuelle. I read Samuel chapter 1 to our guests. It's the story of Hannah and how sad she was when she couldn't conceive. 

I really wanted to take that opportunity to talk about the Lord even if sometimes He makes life difficult. I would like to believe that He is still a kind and merciful God and I hold on to that hope everyday, now that I am a mother. 

My husband said, "Today, is the day we offer our daughter to the Lord. From this day onwards, she belongs to Him and we humbly ask for His protection."



We were filled with emotions and had to cut our speech short because I didn't want to bawl. Sayang ang make-up! Hehehe.

Here are few pictures from Baby G's Baptism.

The buffet table by Bizu.


The dessert table by Bizu.


The super gorgeous cake by Annlee's Kitchen.  Calligraphy topper by Cher Cabula.



Our venue and tables by Bizu. 



It was a simple event but I loved the small details like the pink napkins, the pink wine, the Macarons and even the pink juice!



Obvious ba that loyal ako sa Bizu? They catered our wedding and my baby shower too.


L



2 comments:

  1. Nakakaiyak naman to. I'm happy kahit papano you get to share your life with us online readers. I remember the first time I landed on your page last year when I stumbled upon your entry on Fil-Chi relationships, tapos binack read ko lahat! You've gone a long way achi L, we all look forward to your mommy stories :) Welcome to the Christian world, baby G! Ang ganda ganda ng set up :) sorry ang dami kong sinabi hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacq! And thank you for writing about Taipei. I miss being an expat and working abroad. Your blog makes me remember my good ol days

      Delete