Tuesday 24 June 2014

ZzzQuil

Last night, my brother and I tried ZzzQuil. He took half and I took the recommended dose.

I had the worst insomnia attacks when I was growing up. Before an exam, I swear I could see equations the moment I close my eyes. It was horrible.

It also didn't help that we had stupid roosters in our house in Iloilo. The stupid roosters would start crowing at 3 am!!!

I have tried praying, crying, counting sheeps, you name it. The worst attack I had was in UP diliman during the night before my calculus exams. I literally watched the sun rose before my very eyes.

As a former insomniac, I've tried several over the counter sleeping aids so I wanted to see the effect of this new potion I saw in S&R. I am planning to sedate myself on the night before my wedding...I really want to sleep and I'm pretty sure I will not be able too.

There are sleeping aids that hit you first on the parietal lobe. The effect makes your head almost fall back. There are those that hit your cheeks first to the point that you feel like falling flat on your face. Then there are heavy ones that hit you on the legs first and you almost can't walk.

The effect of Zzzquil started on my cheeks. I felt that I wanted to bury my face in my pillow. However, the bad thing with sleeping aids is...while you may be physically feel sleepy,  your thoughts could still be run riot. This is the agonizing part: your strong consciousness battling your physical weakness.

This went on for a good hour before I finally succumbed to sleep.

I slept for a good 11 hrs and woke up very groggy. I could barely open my eyes.

Still on Pause,

L






No comments:

Post a Comment