Makati City 1226
Shangri-la Plaza Mall
EDSA corner Shaw Boulevard
Mandaluyong City 1552
Saturday, 28 February 2015
Friday, 27 February 2015
Thursday, 26 February 2015
Wednesday, 25 February 2015
So I made sure I never forgot mine.
The first time S said I love you, we were sitting on a bench inside the Botanical Gardens, Singapore. It was around 7pm, dusk. I was lying on his lap.
He said... " I love you.."
I said..."That's nice..."
And no, I didn't just give you a bull*shit story grabbed from "Nottinghill". This really did happen.
It was in Paris, under a full moon on a bridge across the church of Notra Dame that I FELL IN LOVE with my husband. I'm sosyal that way. Dun pa talaga eh, no?
It was our last day in Paris and we were sad that we were back to doing LDR again. We cried because the thought of being apart is just painful.
Love and its many expressions really do change in time. You won't always have the dreamy eyes and the corny lines. All you are left with is the memory of THAT one DEFINING moment (two or three if you are lucky) that the world stopped and only your hearts spoke.
Last year, we found ourselves in Paris again. But this time, not so in love na. We went to that same spot in Notra Dame and all S could think about was "Nutella Crepe". He couldn't admire the view because all he could think about was that stupid crepe.
Instead of getting mad at him, I just closed my eyes and recalled the time we fell in love. A few seconds later, I opened my eyes and said..."Why don't we go find that crepe." He smiled and held my hands.
How about you, can you remember the moment you fell in love?
Tuesday, 24 February 2015
If you are wondering why there are several posts about cheating here in my journal, that's because I am pissed at the husband of my cousin and my dearest friend, Belle.
What a stupid asshole. His pregnant mistress' workplace is just 2 km away from his wife's office.
I wonder if he has heard of the saying..."Don't sh*t in your own backyard."? Iloilo is one big backyard. Everyone knows everyone. Which is why, I never dated in Iloilo. Well, I was an ugly teenager but yah, that's not the point!
I don't know why guys love sh*tting where they work too. Someone from my old office had an affair with a brand manager. They would have their dates abroad while they were on business trips. Ofcourse, his wife caught them...AFTER 7 YEARS!
I also don't know why some girls don't really see a wedding ring as a deterrence. If a wedding ring is not enough...then surely these beautiful coffee cups from 7/11 won't stop someone from stealing what's yours!
But hey, the brewed coffee by City Blends is good. If you want to keep you Jowa, then buy a cup from 7/11 and deliver to his office everyday. Mura lang. Effort lang nga to deliver.
If this won't stop the thieves, atleast your jowa will love you again/more.
Anyway, the saga between my cousin and her stupid husband continues. Everything is happening in one small backyard called ILOILO.
Astounded with the stupidity of humankind,
Monday, 23 February 2015
Sunday, 22 February 2015
Saturday, 21 February 2015
ANG PAO/HONG BAO/ 红包/Red Packets are the standard gifts given during special occasions...weddings, birthdays, Chinese New Year and sometimes, even Christmas!
The amount should be in EVEN NUMBERS but never a 4 in the amount. Bawal 4, 44, 400. 4 sounds like death in chinese.
Ang Paos are usually given by MARRIED couples to Singles and Children. It is to ward off evil and to bring good luck. But, this year I got angpao from my in- laws because we need luck! My MIL said, she's giving me and S for 财气! TSAI KI in hokkien. I learned a new word!
Then I also got ang pao with 20 pesos from the temple!
Thursday, 19 February 2015
Wednesday, 18 February 2015
I'll make this quick, because I personally haven't done my shopping yet.
1. Nian Gao- A glutinous rice-cake. The mandarin translation of Tikoy sounds like higher (gao) year (nian). It's usually given to wish someone Good Luck. At home, we pan-fry with egg wash to make it crispy on the outside and gooey soft inside.
- Nice sigure to serve with sesame or shredded coconut. Ma try nga.
- If you have no tikoy, serve Kutchinta
2. Whole Fish- Fish in Mandarin is yu. Yu also sounds like abundance.
Side Note: Wag ubusin. Leave some left to represent "surplus" for the year ahead.
3. Dumplings- For wealth because they represent inggots/money. In China, they have a tradition of eating dumplings at midnight.
Side Notes: Pera talaga iniisip noh? As in kakain tayo ng pera! Hay nakow.
4. Longevity Noodles- Ofcourse you know this! This is for long life.
Side Note: Don't cut the noodles. The longer the noodles, the longer your life.
5. Egg Rolls- This represents fertility and mortality.
Side Note: If walang egg roll, pwede rin sigure hard boiled egg nalang.
6. Mandarin Oranges- They represent prosperity. I started practicing giving pairs of oranges when I was in Singapore.
Side Note: According to Alvina, if you receive a pair of oranges, you are obliged to also give a pair of oranges. No recycling of oranges please.
7. Black Moss with Dried Oysters/Abalone-This is to wish for a successful and prosperous business.
Side Note: Mahal to. I think ung mga may-ari lang din ng successful businesses makakabili.
Cost cutting? Pwedeng din Hot Pot nalang of Talaba.
8. Yu Sheng- The Pièce de résistance. I never heard of this until I celebrated CNY in Malaysia and Singapore way back in 2005. From then onwards, it has always been part of my personal traditions.
However!!! I'm starting to see some restaurants in the Philippines serving this for this year's CNY celebrations. #pa-uso.
This is a raw fish salad which sounds like "increase abundance" in mandarin.
What I like about Yu Sheng is the way it is prepared, served and enjoyed. The ingredients are added in a certain order with "chants" per addition. Then the entire family tosses the salad and as they toss, they recite their wishes loudly.
Side Note: I actually have my set of Yu Sheng but I'm shy to shout out my wishes infront of my inlaws. Hahahah!
Also, I read somewhere that the higher the toss, the better the fortune. So sa 19, I will aim for the cieling. Sabi ni S, he will aim for the heavens.
Sino gusto sumali sa tossing game?
Tuesday, 17 February 2015
I've been itching to write something about this but I didn't want to ruin my brother's Valentine's surprise to his girlfriend.
This is like a super corny gift but I'm sure if you get this, as in kilig to death, laglag panty ka rin.
Monday, 16 February 2015
- Patronus Charm:
- This ancient and mysterious charm conjures a magical guardian, a projection of all your most positive feelings. The Patronus Charm is difficult, and many witches and wizards are unable to produce a full, corporeal Patronus, a guardian which generally takes the shape of the animal with whom they share the deepest affinity. You may suspect, but you will never truly know what form your Patronus will take until you succeed in conjuring it."
- -Miranda Gosha
- Harry: "And how do you conjure it?"
- Remus: "With an incantation, which will work only if you are concentrating, with all your might, on a single, very happy memory."
- I'm starting to feel Baby Making feels exactly like this. You are scared and pressured but you obviously need to have very happy and positive thoughts to do "chorlabelles".
Sunday, 15 February 2015
Friday, 13 February 2015
What do I mean when I say try?
1. I have visited the doctor
2. We have intercourse during my fertile days
3. I am already taking folic acid
On the upside, more chorla galore.
Thursday, 12 February 2015
The architecture of Spain is very similar to the Philippines. The only difference is theirs is well preserved and ours is like the set of Resident Evil.
You see, I love old houses and old buildings. I am old soul.
Wednesday, 11 February 2015
Tuesday, 10 February 2015
Thank You for this beautiful morning.
Thank You allowing me to wake up beside a wonderful husband.
Thank You for my home.
Thank You for the smell of coffee brewing and the bread toasting in my kitchen.
Thank You for sun that smiles at me while I am having breakfast.
Thank You for my peace of mind.
Thank You for my good health and that of my loved ones.
Thank You for this opportunity to stay and take care of our home.
I feel so blessed....
Wednesday, 4 February 2015
Tuesday, 3 February 2015
Monday, 2 February 2015
Mama. Her name is Lourdes.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Last Jan 15-19, when the Pope was here.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Not really. Hence I don't do calligraphy?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH?
Rice and anything fried and saucy.
5. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Yes but truth be told, I have very few friends.
6. Do you have kids?
Not yet. Crossing my fingers.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT?
Not really. But I can be passive aggressive.
8. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not in a million years.
9. DO YOU HAVE PETPEEVES?
Many! I cant leave the house if it's messy. I also hate seeing my hair on the floor... These are manifestations of my OCD though.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE BREAKFAST?
Tocino, Rice, Atchara, Coffee. I always order the same thing.